Located at 5766 Trumbull in Detroit, this building was constructed in several phases beginning in 1905 through the 1950s to house the Crescent Brass and Pin Company. The initial structure is masonry bearing wood frame followed by additions using concrete frame and slab construction with masonry infill. The exterior and courtyard building facades were restored to their original appearance. The exterior doors, windows, and roof were all replaced, and the interior was converted into 38 residential units ranging from 546 to 1376 sf.
Completed 2006. For purchase information, contact: 5766 Trumbull LLC, www.researchlofts.com
Historic restoration and reuse of the facility.