The genesis of JC Beal Construction Inc. was a firm founded by Eugene Kurtz in 1962. As one of the original employees, Jim Beal contributed to the firm's early success and positioned himself to take over the company in 1978 upon the founder's retirement. The firm quickly became known as providers of a good quality product, with reasonable costs, reliable scheduling and exceptional in-house tradespeople.
JC Beal Construction Inc. continued to grow as both of Jim's sons joined the business. Fred J. Beal, current
president, started his career with his father as a carpenter in 1980. George Beal, current vice president, joined the firm in 1987 with a
degree in building construction and substantial large project experience with several national commercial construction companies.
Now, as the third generation of family members joins the business, several new affiliated firms have been created to furnish related services and expand the capability of JC Beal Construction Inc. to provide it's clients with a comprehensive Develop / Design / Build / Manage solution. The affiliated firms are:
- Beal Incorporated - demolition and abatement services, specializing in historic buildings and complicated structures work.
- Beal Properties LLC - commercial and mixed use property management, development, and investment.
For a more comprehensive description of these affiliated firms and the various services they provide, please visit
- Burns Lawn Care & Landscaping - lawn care, and landscape design and installation.
- Burns Janitorial - commercial cleaning and maintenance services.
- Historic Equities Fund I - real estate investments, specializing in historic and tax advantaged re-development projects.
By maintaining the business principles established by Jim Beal years ago and building project specific teams of highly skilled professionals, JC Beal Construction Inc. and its affiliated firms are capable of comprehensively managing the most complex projects.
BEAL MEANS BUSINESS.