West Hall, constructed as the West Engineering Building in 1908-1913, is a massive four-story L-shaped building anchoring the southeast corner of the U-M central campus and providing entry to the historic Diag. The building has endured several major conversions for varied uses. This is the first comprehensive renovation that included mechanical and electrical systems. Most areas of the building were completely gutted to access key areas and make room for a completely new floor plan. Existing skylights, concealed in earlier renovations were restored, with a massive new skylight added to provide natural light to a spectacular fourth-floor lobby/meeting space.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Full infrastructure upgrade, restoration, and renovation