JC Beal Construction played a key role in the renovation of UM's S.T. Dana
in the School of Natural Resources and Environment. This project
became the first major academic renovation project to receive the Gold LEED
Certification from the USGBC.
Significant benefits of the S.T. Dana renovation include:
- 31% reduction in water use through installation of low-flow plumbing
fixtures, composting toilets and waterless urinals
- 30% reduction in energy use through installation of high efficiency lighting,
roof-top photo-voltaic panels and one one of the first installations of a
ceiling-mounted radiant cooling system in the US.
- Significant recycling of bulding materials (bricks, attic timbers and old
windows and doors) that would have typically been discarded.
JC Beal Construction will soon break ground on the Kingsley Lane Lofts in downtown Ann Arbor which will incorporate many Green Building features such as:
- Construction material with significant recycled content
- Light Gauge Steel Construction which is 100% recyclable and provides as much as 40% reduction in heating and cooling costs
- "Green" design features like open floor plans for maximum natural light, high performance glass, storm water retention techniques
and electric vehicle charging stations at the indoor parking spaces.
JC Beal Construction provides comprehensive construction management services for all building types and can help support your decision to "Go Green" through feasibility analysis, budget estimating and life cycle costing, product investigation, and construction project management.
In addition, JC Beal Construction is an active member of the Washtenaw County Waste Knot. Program compliance requires use of materials and methods that are environmentally sound.